I think a lot of these markets are driven by what people thought was cool when they were young but didn't have any money. Probably why the model 70 market was so hot once the boomers got old enough to have serious disposable income...possibly the same with the snake guns. I remember drooling over paddle stocks on Ruger magazine adds when I was in Jr. High in the 90s so when I got old enough to afford my own stuff I started buying them. I have had a bunch of them over the years and pared it down to .22 LR, .22 Mag, .30-06, .300 Win Mag, and .35 Whelen (rebore from .30-06).

Killed too much game with the .300 to ever sell it and every time I take it out the cold bore is always 2.5-3"+ at 100 and within a 1/2" of center. Been that way for years.
The .30-06 shoots everything I have tried into nice groups (1.5 if it hates it, sub moa if it loves it) and is a fair bit lighter and handier then the .300 so will be hard to let that go.
The .35 fits my needs for a short, handy, thumper that can take a lot of abuse
The .22 has been super handy and with a worked over trigger does just fine at the ranges I typically shoot a .22 with cheap ammo.

The .22 Mag has been a great gun but won't outshoot my .17 HMRs for reaching out to 100+ on ground squirrels. It is the version with the open sights and the dang thing is getting to be worth so much I am debating whether I can justify packing it around in my truck as a trapline gun. May send that one to the auction block.