Originally Posted by wink_man
Thinking of Mudhen (Ben Brown) tonight as I go through some of my stuff and getting together the brass I got from him that I'll work up a load for this spring.

Miss the avatar, miss his posts and the knowledge to be gleaned from him. it was always a pleasure reading his posts.

He was indeed a gentleman and all around great guy.

Rest in peace Sir with the rest of the good guys that have left way to soon.

Awfully sorry to learn about Ben, as his company over the recent few years at Armijo Springs was very much appreciated. His stories about his elk hunting and his experiences living so close to the border really impressed me so much.

Frankly, while I have been in Mexico many times for work, that has been a while ago and while today living in NM and knowing many great people here of Hispanic descent, it was terribly useful to get the first hand reports from folks such as Ben and Blue over in South Texas, as well as several others whose opinions and information I respect.

Even my oldest son now living in Singapore has a totally false impression from watching the mainstream media reports about the border situation. There is so much false narrative being spread to further political agenda, and believe me, international news largely never expresses a counter-narrative.

Norm

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).