Originally Posted by Hastings
Plenty of White farmers around here shafted the USDA in that they didn't pay back millions of $ in loans. Went bankrupt and then their sons took over and borrowed more or somehow kept their stuff and kept on leaching money off the tax payers. I think this Black farmer payoff is BS but it pales in comparison to the whites on USDA welfare.

A couple of things...

1) The vast majority of farm subsidies goes to keeping food cheap so that the general public can afford to buy it. Including WIC and food stamp programs.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

2) When govt sticks their finger in the pie, and regulates everything, including prices, imports, exports, etc. of agriculture goods, it gets really fugged up. The more they fug things up, the more they have to subsidize it.

They are the govt... they are here to help... Not. mad

FWIW, I have never taken one dime of federal or state subsidies. Ever. I do have an ag exemption that applies to property taxes being taxed at ag levels rather than commercial rates. And I do save money on state sales taxes because of our ag business. But have never applied for nor gotten a check of any sort. I avoid it because when you take the $$ you also are left with the regulation. We get the regulation anyway in lots of cases.

I have seen families in the ag business for generations lose everything.

When you eat, it's because of American farmers and ranchers.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!