Here are a few more without letters:

2097 - 250-30000

3949 - 300 Savage, the lowest SN 1920 in 300 Savage that I've owned

7427 - 300 Savage

10659 - 300 Savage

11404 - 250-3000, from Australia with British? proof marks on the barrel and stamped "Not British Made"

12504 - 300 Savage, an odd configuration, as the tail block is not d&t for a Lyman #54 and there is a King open rear sight in a barrel dovetail. The absence of the factory d&t holes in the tail block suggests that it didn't come with a Lyman #54 and was manufactured with the open rear sight in the barrel dovetail. This is the only 20/26 that I've seen in this configuration.

I'm going to have limited ambulatory status for about 6 weeks following knee surgery on 03/29. I managed to tear the meniscus off the bone in my left knee and the repair requires no weight bearing in order to properly heal for about 6 weeks. I'll have time to sort through the dozen or so boxes of Savage and Savage-related print ads that I've accumulated over the years and hope to find letters from Mr. Clark on some of the other 1920s and 20/26s that I've owned. I've owned close to 100 of them in total, but have less than half still around.

PS - a comment on 10821 that I listed in a previous post in this thread, this rifle has a curved, rifle-style, Savage butt-plate that the seller claimed was ordered that way by his grandfather. The story goes that his grandfather was only around 5'8", so he needed a shorter LOP and preferred the curved rifle-style butt-plate. It is a correct Savage rifle-style butt-plate and perfectly installed, so if it wasn't done by Savage, whoever did it, did an extra nice job. This rifle came out of Driggs, Idaho, just west of GTNP and about 30 miles south of YSNP, so maybe somebody's mountain elk rifle nearly 100 years ago.