Originally Posted by Calhoun
Cody has the ledgers, and once you are a member getting a serial number lookup isn't that expensive. Quite a bit cheaper than it ever has been before. Even a $150 membership lets you buy a pack of 50 serial number lookups at $5/each for $250 total.

Even counting in the $150 membership, that's under $8/lookup - much cheaper than was possible ever since Roe had the records. You don't get a letter for each one, but you do get all the info. I'm waiting on my first set of info.

If you don't want 50, just want 5? The $150 membership gets you 5 searches as part of the membership, so that's $30/apiece. Not much more than Callahan was doing, and most of the $150 is tax deductible.

Want just 1? Well.. that's where it sucks. $75 letter for non-member.

Let me know if you want to start taking contributions as a sort of "group purchase." I'd be happy to chip in and I would have no problem with you or any other member of the forum becoming the holder of the membership on behalf of us all. A group effort like this could end up being a new way for the forum to get information from an established archive that otherwise would be speculative or piecemeal.

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle." John Stapp - "Stapp's Law"
"Klaatu barada nikto"