Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
I've shot several factory Savage barrels. Shot great until the copper started... I still like savage rifles, but you're lying to yourself if you think they make a smooth barrel.

I put 1,200 rounds downrange with my 12FV and it was just fine. Didn't copper foul much at all. Easy to clean. I later sold that rifle to a coworker. I was messing around and shot these groups with it with different scopes:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
This is how it shot when I sold the rifle with SWFA SS to him for $500.00. It puts much higher dollar rifles to shame.. The funny thing, some guys say the life expectancy of the 6.5 cm barrel is 1,500 rounds too. Got to laugh at some of the stupid chidt you hear sometimes..

I know mathman has a hard on for savage and loves to bad mouth the rough barrels, but they do shoot well. Guys that don't compete much don't know that.. Even simpler yet: If you've ever had your azz handed to you by a redneck shooting a stevens 200 223 rem, you'll understand where I'm coming from. I'm sure the op's rifle will be just fine. I also look forward to hearing more on his range report with his new predator. One thing I've learned is don't bet against a Savage.. Of any kind..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA