Originally Posted by MM879
Originally Posted by JakeBlues
Seen 3 such rigs this weekend and it drives me nuts. I don't get it, either get a lot taller lift, do something with the fenders, or get tires that fit your damn truck. Only thing that gets me more in the road is the Honda Civic with the 100 db muffler that makes the owner think he's a race car driver.

[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

I'm ok with the tires. It's talking to me. The vehicle owner has done many mods to the suspension. I was at a camp this year and a guy had a double dark blue two tone with a built 460 in it. The wide tires are frosting on a beautiful cake.

Yeah I don’t dig the wide flats but it’s a good looking dent side. 78-79 are my favorite old Ford years. I was thinking I sure hope he replaced or rebuilt with some good parts the likely 351M or 400 2bbl lunger it came with. Of course it could have shipped with the mighty 300 straight 6 banger. None of the above ever making more than about 150hp in stock form. Of course I still occasionally hear stories about old so and so’s 70 something Ford/Dodge/Chevy that had the 390/440/454 insert old wheezy carbed plant here, and how it’d pull or run and I have to smile. The rose colored glasses of time have made some serious hot rods out of those old rigs.