Unfortunately, I find most pistols are much harder to rack the slide on than the trigger pull of a double action revolver such as on GP100 or SW 686. Also this is not a carry conceal handgun. So no 12oz 1 7/8" 357mag shooting full mag loads. It would be a home defense and range gun.

I don't think women or elderly people who have difficulty racking the slide of pistol as bunch of whiners and complainers. I think they have legitimate concerns. Yes, one could have fully loaded striker fired polymer gun ready to go, but what I have discovered with my wife is that lack of practice had her not only struggling with racking the slide but now she started limp wrist the handgun causing it to jam about the third round.

I also discover she sometime did not grip the handgun strongly enough to deactivated the grip safety. Also happened to another lady friend. So I'm a little leery of the Shield EZ but it is something I will definitely check out for her. I shot a Shield in 40SW and that thing had some pretty go flip on the recoil. Hoping the 9mm isn't as bad.

Now that I've read all these posts, I think the answer might be that perhaps they shouldn't own a handgun if they're not going to practice and become familiar with it?