Take these things on a case by case basis.

For some, they may be most comfortable with a revolver and the manner in which it is very easy to check the condition of the status of on board ammunition, along with ease of loading/unloading.

For others the rather simple nature of most of the modern polymer, striker fired 9mms, that lack a manual external safety, are quite attractive, once they find one that they can get a decent grip on.

The environment in which the handgun will be stored plays a factor. Do they have kids? Exactly what condition do they intend to keep the handgun in?

These things need to be viewed on a case by case, individual basis, rather than making a blanket recommendation.

For many, a Glock 19 will be great. Point and shoot. For others a Model 15 .38 may be a better choice.

Most can learn to rack the slide. If not, move on from there. And frankly, having two revolvers would be a better choice than one in this day and age of packs of ferals. A pair of 3" GP100s loaded with wadcutters would be a solid recommendation, if a woman does not want a standard capacity auto.

My wife is not a handgun enthusiast at all. she could care less. There are .38s strategically placed for her here and there. It really probably won't make much of a difference in 90+% of the outcomes what I grab, but it might for her, so the tools are set up with her in mind.

She has her own 442, It used to belong to an NYPD detective, and now she carries it wherever she wants, along with a Combat Masterpiece. (which I borrow frequently).

I would rather she have a few .38s around than a Glock she is not familiar with, when it comes to using under pressure. But that is only one case.

Like I said, case by case basis.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com