I was stationed at Hunter in the early to mid 80's ,there is a a waterway that runs thru Hunter. at least back in the 80's .if you went thru a class .they had boats right on the base you could rent and run the river to fish or what ever ,if he wanted too . Fort Pulaski a good civil war fort to check out ,8th Air Force World War -2 museum is in I think Pooler .a suburb ,of Savannah ,wish that was there when i was there in the 80's .River street for partying ,.oh yea hotter than crap to this old hillbilly ,could not wait to leave the heat and humidity , never forgot the sand fleas ,.never seen green pollen coat cars till i went there .oh running PT is fun when the paper mills release its smell .in the morning ,makes you want to puke running those 3 -5 miles expetially if you been drinking all night..lol..but it bad even if you sober and gulping air running . he will know the smell when he smells it ,lol..Hunter did have a pistol range back then we could use on our off time for our privite owned pistols ,dont know if they still have that now ..had to go to Stewart rifle ranges to shoot privet owned rifles. back then you could only hunt deer on Hunter with Bow and arrow

NRA Life Member