Originally Posted by SandBilly
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Bought a Harrington & Richardson single shot 444marlin off my buddy Jeremy , he was blown to hell in Iraq . Didn't need nor want it but he found some shotgun he had been wanting for quite a while and insisted that I needed the H&R . smile ok .
He was right - it is a great rifle - really like it .
Gave it a trigger job , replaced the plastic trigger innurds with brass parts found in Greybeard and a thumbhole buttstock , 1.5x6-36 Bushnell 4200 . Knocks hogs real good .

Sandbilly , howdy , had a Browning BAR 30-06 Belgium/Portugal - really liked it - never jammed - shot all ammo real well . Buddy badgerred me into selling it to him for his Dads 50th birthday .

I've seen some Winchester M-70's shoot at gun ranges over the years -- they shoot !!

Never had the BAR Safari but have handled them. What I like about the Shorttrac is it’s 6 pounds 10oz. The Safari has to be around 9 or so.

Wow didn't know the Shorttrac was that light .
Yeah the old 30-06 was heavy but the weight and being an autoloader - recoil wasn't bad - even without a recoil pad .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.