Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Steve
I have to drive into Portland three days a week for work. It's f'ing pathetic what the place has become.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. Worse now than ever before..

I agree. We have a mayor and city council that do not support the police, mollycoddle violent mob acts and go out of their way to harrass conservatives. At the same time the DA doesn't prosecute the anarchists.

Our police are hamstrung and underfunded. They are leaving in droves. Our neighboring law enforcement groups will no longer help us in time of need.

How they arrive at decisions like this latest one with funding park rangers and "neighborhood associations" escapes me. We don't work toward resolution or even isolation we just move it around. By condoning it and legalizing drugs we are attracting people from other communities too.

Adequately funding and supporting the police is not occurring. We have gone through police chiefs at an incredible rate, have numerous officers leaving and seem unable to fill vacancies with qualified people. We have lost huge amounts of institutional knowlege and won't be able to get it back easily.

A short time ago, they got rid of the gang task force. I can't help but assume part of the reason there is more violence is the absence of the communication and familiarity that resulted from the efforts of the gang task force.