Originally Posted by pointer
Originally Posted by Big Stick
If only for starters,the .243" Sugar 85GK,is a Heaping Pile Of Fhuqking Schit,in all regards. Not that Pavement Pounding Fhuqktards don't swoon their wadcutter BC(sub .315 G1). Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

'Course they cost more and go slower,than say a .224" Hornie 75 BTHP(.395 G1 BC) and nearly dig as deep. The extry drop,drift,recoil and reduced impact velocity,along with compromised terminal effects,are "good" things to CLUELESSS Droolers. Hint. LAUGHING!

The 270 is a Goat Fhuqk in a '15 platform,due the simplicity of COAL availability and BC. Pardon my simply shooting it all. Hint.

It's likely on the far right. Hint. Fhuqking LAUGHING!

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

1000 more words,for the astute. Hint. Laughing!

Though in "fairness",this is all "NEW" to me. Hint. LAUGHING!

Now if/when offering the COAL requisite to shine,the 270 is certainly an AMAZING performer. Falling wellllllll shy of 223 performance in a Krunchenticker is funnier than fhuqk,though hardly rates a build. Hint. LAUGHING!

I enjoy you CLUELESS Fhuqks doing your ABSOLUTE "Best". Hint.

Fhuqking Laughing!...................
Thank you for the pics and advice. Seriously. I'd very well be in the 223 camp if it was legal for deer hunting here, it's not. .243" min for deer on private lands. I probably should have went with a bolt action, but the kids and I wanted to try our hand at an AR so here we are. The setups on our place don't allow for more than 250yd shots, with most occurring shy of that by 1/2. While not optimal, I'm thinking this will serve our needs. But, if it doesn't I'll gladly come back here and admit as such.

Love my 22 Grendel. If my constraints were 6mm and AR platform, I'd be tempted to go 6 Grendel. Logistics vs performance tradeoff. I shoot mostly Hornady, and the 22 calibers still win out in BC's, but it's closer at least.