My fantastic journey continued...
Into the 21st century I made my first of 6 hunts in Africa. With so many different animals to hunt, I decided early to hunt different animals on each trip. For the most part I stuck to that decision and I made hunts to South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Mozambique. Along with many of the more common plains game animals, I was also able to hunt..
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Another year my girlfriend and I went to New Zealand where we hunted a week out of Gary Herbert's 5-star lodge. then rented a car and spent another two weeks driving on the wrong side of the road to see and visit much of the beautiful south island.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I shot my first caribou in 1980 when some friends and I did a DIY drop camp in Alaska, and as I posted earlier, I shot my second caribou species with that mountain caribou in the Mackenzie Mountains. For many years I had thought of doing a Musk ox hunt but I really didn't want to do it in sub zero weather. Then in 2004 I found a fall hunt that could be combined with Canadian Barren Ground Caribou. A fantastic week at Bekere Lake out of Inuvik, NWT provided me with both a caribou and a Musk ox that made the Boone and Crockett all time record book.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com] [Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Also for many years I had wanted to hunt caribou in Quebec, so in 2017 I booked a hunt there with Leif River Outfitters. My good luck continued as the first day of my hunt I shot this great bull that not only made the B&C record book but gave me an invite to the 30th B&C Awards ceremony and 6 pages in their Awards Book.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/BKG7PJRm.jpg[/img]

So I have almost 50 years of great hunting trips and experiences. In 1988 I built a 1,000 sq ft Trophy Room addition to my house. I never thought it would happen, but it is now filled with over 70 of my mounts. Every day I enjoy seeing those mounts and remembering each of their hunts. They are all great memories, but I can't really say which one was the best.

Last edited by buffybr; 04/11/21.

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member