You may be right on the loading. I'm not particularly recoil sensitive, but that 22-250 after about 50-100 rounds laying prone watching and shooting at rock chucks really does a number on my shoulder. Never in any other position like sitting or kneeling, but in some fields those bastids can see you a long way off, so prone and long shooting is the only way to sneak a shot at them.. wish I could find some new rock chuck hunting spots, most of my old ones in Central Oregon have closed down and finding new ones has gotten pretty difficult.

I stumbled on a load by accident quite some time ago. My older Rem 700 with a 12 twist just didn't like heavier bullets, never could get them much below MOA, which just isn't going to work when shooting chucks and ground squirrels at 400+ yards... I bought some Varget for another rifle and it didn't work out, so I tried it with the 22-250 and some 40 BT's and started immediately printing little bitty overlapping holes. A little pressure on the fore end of the stock and it is as good as it is ever going to get ..... the load of 39.5 grains came right off the powder canister and registered exactly what the label said it would over my Chrono- 4180 fps right on the money... really launches the chucks into orbit....

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.