Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit
I’ve long been convinced roe should be changed that officers should approach traffic stops w sidearm drawn until it can be established that no threat is posed for them
Your 16 year old daughter is at the wheel of a car and is pulled over by police because of a busted tail light...or some other extremely minor infraction...and she is approached by police with sidearms drawn. And you’d be OK with that...? And she’s so scared to death that she doesn’t follow their every command exactly as they command her to, or exactly when they command her to, or she makes one minor move under these circumstances that she wasn’t commanded to...and she ends up gettin’ lit up by them with a taser or bullets. Would you be OK with that...?
I'm not OK with almost every aspect of these situations, ranging from the prevalent rotten murderous perps all the way over to the LEOsa who do not follow proper procedure or apply common decency and sense. How could any rational citizen be OK with what has developed all around this country?

Here, you are free to conjure and describe a very specific hypothetical case and potentially bad outcome. There could be many, many variants of such incidents. So, that exercise leads to zero solutions. There is big risk here. Now, direct to the issue - if it would improve the odds for better outcomes, especially with regard to the risks taken by LEOs, I would trust most LEOs to approach with drawn firearm and behave justly far more than I would trust most potential perps. If trust is required, whom do you trust?

The unmentioned insanity of this evolution is, everyday law abiding citizens have been dumped in the center of the chasm, without choice or clear path to extract themselves from the madness on both sides.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH