Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Bugger, The lady's original 9.3x62 oberndorf sporting Mauser has a 23.5" barrel and weighs 7 lbs 2 oz. Very thin contoured barrel and stock. This is a 1922 year model rifle..

The CZ carbines in 9.3x62 that I put away thousands of lbs of moose n caribou with, were equally handy at about 7 lbs 4 oz.

8 lbs is unnecessary.

The cz rifles were too clubby in the pistol grip. The bluing was thin as well and rusts too easy. On one rifle, the threaded bolt knob came loose.

I'd go ruger african in 9.3x62. Richer bluing, one piece bolt, nicer sights, simpler trigger and a sleek stock.

My 416 ruger african cut down to 22.5" to get rid of those stoopid barrel threads, weighs 7.6 lbs. They're sleek sons ah bitches. If it was 8lbs, i wouldn't carry it.

Mainah: how are you on detachable mags? Blu_Cs

Blu, just something to loose. I put a hunter on some caribou two seasons ago. Her Tikka magazine fell out and was lost. I had to back her up twice. She was earlier in her carreer, a game warden and firearms instructor. She did nothing wrong. The plastic clip was problematic in the cold.

Anyhow, most 9.3's have the benefit of 4-5 down and immense power on North American game. Fixed mag is all yah need.

i use only a tikka in 308 and ruger gsr in 308 with plastic mags and they both work but i do not use them when it is cold. i will try next winter when cold be back. it is maybe more the way to make sure the click is heard on tikka mags but as you my 9.3x62 and 375 ruger are not magazine rifles for sure ...