So I've taken it upon myself to learn more about Vietnam and what our guys went through there. Not much into the movies, but I have watched all the above - even did a term paper back in the day on 84Charlie MoPic, which is the MOS for the film guys. My choice is to watch the Vietnam History project which is a narrative from Vets who were there. I've watched the personal stories of at least 200 Vietnam Vets of every MOS imaginable plus some female nurses. They go from enlistment/draft notice all the way to discharge and what happened after their service. Truly awe inspiring.

Some things that are prevalent through out: When they first land in DaNang the smell and humidity hitting them square in the face coming off the plane or first time seeing the buses with chicken wire over the windows or the look in the eyes of the guys in faded, red clay stained uniforms who were departing on the Freedom Bird. All of their stories are very personal and individual. Not all were in combat, but it seemed all were under constant threat of a rocket (120?) attack or the randomness of it. And the fact that they really didn't go over as a group or even a squad, but as individuals - and left in the same manner. There are a number of these different narratives on different platforms out there, you-tube, podcasts, etc. I highly encourage those who want to know more to listen to these guys. They will forever have my respect.

Watch this one. 100% American Bad Ass. RIP Frenchman. "Just another day in SOG".

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin