Mule Deer and EdM,
Good points, and understood. It's just the looneyism in me interested in having a good number to play around with.
In order to calculate accurately enough to show the very good comparison points y'all just made above, wouldn't you need valid BC numbers to input to run the trajectory numbers? Or just shoot side by side but my regular shooting range only runs to 200.

And to answer MD's first question - yes, 400 yards would be about the limit I think I'd shoot my 722 to with these bullets and conditions would have to be good. I think its furthest kill since I've owned it has been 415 yards, but that was by my buddy after I loaned it to him when the "goats" were holding way out in a frying pan flat and his rifle choice that day had been an iron-sighted M1886 45-70, but the weather was making him inclined to go ahead and "make some meat." I've had quite a few kills beyond 300 with that old Roberts but none past 400 myself. And all of those were with a 4X Leupold compact. If I'd had one of those fancy dialing Hubble space telescopes I might have done different, but I just never felt the need.

400 yards is also about the limit I have killed anything with the "normal" 115 NPT in my 25-06 - the furthest with it was 416 paces, back before we had laser range finders.

Still hoping to see some others' range results with this bullet. I've not yet taken them out.

Cheers and thanks again to all,
Rex