Originally Posted by ElmerKeith
Originally Posted by lastround
Congratulations on a good find. I’ve owned several over the years, and still own three. All mine have been and are stainless steel. Never owned a blued one. I don’t think you’ll regret buying a Redhawk. You might have to do a little trigger work, but once I figured out how to work them I was and am happy with mine. And it will last damn near forever. I had a five and a half inch that I put over 50,000 rounds thru and had no issues. And that was before I learned that I didn’t have to shoot full house loads all the time! I traded it on a rifle and wish I hadn’t.

I wonder if that strong diet would have worked in a M 29-x over such a long period.

Elmer,
I think a lot of folks would be surprised how the 29/629’s hold up to a lot of shooting. I think a lot of that myth is way overblown. I like the Smith 44’s too, but prefer the Redhawk for full strength loads due to its weight and bank vault build. I know what they will take over the long haul. But, no flies on the big N-frame Smith’s. I doubt that very many shooters will ever wear out either revolver shooting normal loads.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug