Originally Posted by lastround
Originally Posted by ElmerKeith
Originally Posted by lastround
Congratulations on a good find. I’ve owned several over the years, and still own three. All mine have been and are stainless steel. Never owned a blued one. I don’t think you’ll regret buying a Redhawk. You might have to do a little trigger work, but once I figured out how to work them I was and am happy with mine. And it will last damn near forever. I had a five and a half inch that I put over 50,000 rounds thru and had no issues. And that was before I learned that I didn’t have to shoot full house loads all the time! I traded it on a rifle and wish I hadn’t.

I wonder if that strong diet would have worked in a M 29-x over such a long period.

Elmer,
I think a lot of folks would be surprised how the 29/629’s hold up to a lot of shooting. I think a lot of that myth is way overblown. I like the Smith 44’s too, but prefer the Redhawk for full strength loads due to its weight and bank vault build. I know what they will take over the long haul. But, no flies on the big N-frame Smith’s. I doubt that very many shooters will ever wear out either revolver shooting normal loads.

I can guarantee you it was not a myth. In the late 70's shooting IHMSA I saw quite a few M29's shot loose
Shoot a lot of 240 grain at close to 1400 FPS in a M29 and they will get loose, including skipping

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first