THANK YOU BUT I'M NOT USING MY PHONE, ALL OF MY INTERNET BROWSING IS DONE FROM A DESKTOP. I NEVER USE MY CELL PHONE FOR ANYTHING OTHER THAN A PHONE, VERY OCCASIONAL TEXTS AND OCCASIONALLY A CALCULATOR. wink

After posting this I sat on the thinking throne to download a few things of my own and the process became a little clearer. It is the damn constant bombardment of ads from this place, they don't stop. I'm watching the Ad Blocker icon and the count of ads blocked doesn't hit a point and stop, it just keeps going up and even with Ad Blocker they still count as data downloaded.

Firefox and Ad Blocker are running locally on my PC but they don't have a way to reach out anywhere and say "don't send that". This site sends an ad and it goes through the ISP to this computer where Ad Blocker intercepts it and doesn't display it, but the damage is done - that data counts toward my monthly usage.

In the past I remember seeing that 8 or maybe 10 ads would be blocked on each new page but now it's 29 or more, that count keeps going up and up - it's now at 30. I retired on March 26th and my fire viewing has gone up, plus I tend to just leave it on. That has to be what killed me - I figured that since it was sitting idle nothing was being downloaded except the normal miniscule amount of back and forth network traffic you'd see anywhere. But just sitting here it was downloading MB after MB of stupid, stinking ads (up to 32 now).

Nothing to do about this - it's Rick's site and the more ads the site sends the more money he rakes in hand over fist. I guess the only thing to do is limit campfire viewing or turn it on, check stuff and close it asap.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!