Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Recently my data usage skyrocketed. Before March 26 I'd download maybe 4 to 8 GB per day, a high usage day might be 12 GB. On March 27 that jumped to 20, even up to 30 or more GB per day. I've exceeded my ISP data usage limit for the first time ever, that goes back mucho years.
The normal Windows monitoring tools just show that data is being downloaded but they don't get more specific than the processes in task manager. For whatever reason 24hcf is just talking up a storm to somebody and downloading data right and left. Anybody know of any on line tools that might pinpoint what exactly is being downloaded?

Update - as I was just typing this, not sending or receiving anything (that I know of) my data usage increased .5 GB, that's with nothing going except the keyboard. Gotta have my fire fix but if Rick put something on here around 3/27 that's downloading tons of crap I need to know about that and find a way to block it.

Completely agree, for whatever reason (and I've dealt with the ridiculous video ads, etc.) this site has been killing our sat. bandwidth. Until we finally get Starlink, I'll be more cautious about hanging around here too long. It's gotten insane with the draw.