Mike,
So as has been said: Figure month or less to fully recover; be mindful that diligent quad strengthening is key; follow your PT instructions to the letter. If he says do extra lunges between now and your next PT visit, then lunge your way to the mailbox and back every blessed day, etc. Yes the joint will become arthritic prematurely in that knee, and yes it is mostly from not having all of your meniscus, but that is water under the bridge due to the injury; the surgery at least will make your relatively pain free with higher utility for a good while. No one can say how long, but “years” anyway. I tell patients, just imagine that knee is aged 10-20yrs older than your good knee. Can’t go back again, just go use it and enjoy life. You will like be at essentially 100% when recovered, maybe a small effusion if get rough on it, but no worries. Remember: quad strength ( most important with acl’s, but still true with meniscus, still true with overall protecting the knee under use.)

Clean-ups (repeat debridements) are common down the road. Hard to say when, but for increased pain or locking occurring again. That too can’t be helped. Fortunately, pretty easy surgery to tolerate.

Became the knee patient two winters back myself so had to follow my own friggen advice.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.