Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by MikeJinVT
I am perusing the campfire tonight with my knee wrapped after this afternoon’s surgery. My knee has bothered me for two months, with some days and nights being almost unbearable. After surgery, I walked out of the hospital with no crutches and have felt better than at any time in the last couple months. Hopefully, it is not just the drugs making me think that things are better in the knee than they really are. We will see tomorrow.

Now for more information. I am 53 and the surgeon said that he does see arthritis in that knee and not to expect to feel like a young man.

Does anyone else here have some first hand experience to share? I would appreciate it.

Mike
Mike,
I have had 6 knee surgeries. Meniscus is common and not all that big of a deal as far as surgeries are concerned.

As for the arthritis... Just keep in touch with your doctor, there are ways to slow that disease process, and a lot of things you can do to alleviate pain without taking opioids or anything like that. Since you have already had meniscus surgery you could be a candidate for Synvisc which will promote more cartilage growth. And nothing helps arthritis more than cartilage growth.

Better hope insurance will cover the Synvisc. Mine did for a couple of shots over the course of a couple of years. Then they stopped covering it. That sucked, as with a cortisone shot followed by the Synvisc a few weeks later, I was good to go for 6-9 months.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?