From what I have read, the company is doing poorly and they probably expected him to, you know, actually show up and work to try and build the company.
Little snowflake most likely thought he was going to just have people buying his pillows because of him and he would just collect a paycheck.
Now that he has discovered it it a lot of work to run a company he wants no part of it.

Originally Posted by local_dirt

Hogg also claimed his departure was not instigated by a falling out between himself and his business partner, William LeGate.

“After many discussions with William and my friends, family and mentors, I made the good faith decision to allow William to bring our vision to life without me,” he said. “I want to thank Will for his partnership and wish him absolutely nothing but success with the future of Good Pillow. The reasons for my departure rest entirely with me and my own personal commitments and I truly wish Will nothing but the best.”

Hogg said he has “resigned and released all shares, any ownership and any control of Good Pillow LLC.” It’s unclear what he means by “shares” since Good Pillow is organized as a limited liability company and does not issue shares.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla