I've trimmed a few houses and redone our doors and windows a few times and my Delta miter saw has been a godsend. Way back when I started doing this I used my dad's old hand miter box that he bought in the 50's and it drove me nuts. Never was all that accurate to start with and nothing really matched. The miter saw makes all the difference. Quite some time ago I learned the trick most trim guys have probably known half their lives- cut the first baseboard square to fit into the corner, then cut the piece going 90 degrees at a 45 and cope along the line where the miter meets the front. Matches perfectly every time if you take your time and cope it carefully and do a little sanding to fit.

Rather than lug my miter saw around all the time, I finally bought a rolling stand at Home depot that fits my saw when I helped my son remodel his rental last year. It folds up so it can be stored in a fairly small spot, but when it is raised into position and the extension arms are put out I can work on some pretty long pieces and get very accurate cuts....

Now, add a couple good nail guns and you have a good trim tool set up.

Bob

Never underestimate your ability to overestimate your ability.