30 years ago, I had a Colt Delta Elite, and I shot mostly PMC and Midway-marked Starline brass. Some time later, I sold the Delta and kept the loaded ammo. A couple of months ago, I bought a 6" RIA Match Ultra 1911, it has a ramped barrel the Colt didn't have. I've been shooting up that ammo I loaded (fairly stiff at the time) in the new pistol, and it's working just dandy, and showing fewer pressure signs than the Colt did (they were "book max") I never had issues with the Colt, but the RIA seems to take things a bit better in stride.

I didn't know what to expect with the "off-brand" RIA, but it's shown itself to be a very nice pistol, and it runs smoother than I remember the Colt running. All that old ammo, loaded from Hornady and SIerra's first published loads with stiff AA#7 loads, is shooting just plain fine. Even my plinking loads with AA#2/200gr.SWC are doing well enough to make me happy with the ammo/gun combination. I'd done a lot of work to the Colt, good sights, a Heinie compensator, and some other things, and it was a dandy. I should have kept it, I guess, but this new pistol is pretty nice in its own right.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.