Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by RiverRider
Maybe a simplistic analysis here, but the way I see it maybe we should lure the CCP into Afghanistan. Let em scrap. Whoever loses pays through the nose, and I don't care which side that is. Whoever wins pays through the nose, and wins what?? Basically nothing.

These protracted skirmishes around the world have gotten very old. And costly. If there's a payoff, I sure don't see it.

My thoughts too. The CCP hates Muslims but would have a handful strong arming Afghanistan. Just like Great Britain, the USSR, and America before it. It’s tough to beat a country that hardly recognizes borders between countries and lives a life of pride and perpetual war going back centuries and owns next to nothing to bomb or take away. The CCP would literally have to physically occupy nearly every square inch of land.

If China were to invade Afghanistan the US would most likely wager a more discreet version of the proxy war it waged against Russia in Afghanistan. The CCP squandering trillions boughed down in Afghanistan while at the same time distracting Muslims throughout the region to focus terrorist attacks on China rather than the US would be win win.

Seems fairly simple, pull out and encourage the chinese to take over...then make a hobby of supplying arms to the ghans.

China will kill a bunch of ghans, china will be broken, the surviving ghans will be kept in the eighth century, the rest of the world can field test new weapon systems and generally amuse themselves without cost in blood or coin.

Even the ghans would be pleased with that arrangement as it is more than likely their national wet dream, heck every disaffected towelhead in creation could make pilgrimage there and kill a chinaman.

added, and thinking about it I am pretty sure the Chinese govt would go for it as it gets rid of the problem they have with too many unattached single males of military service age.

Last edited by JSTUART; 04/23/21.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.