I know it is written by Jake Tapper from CNN, but "The Outpost" is well researched. He gets his little anti George Bush/Donald Rumsfeld digs in there, mainly that they never staffed the forces in Afghanistan sufficiently to win the war.

The politics of Afghanistan and the tribalism, religious sects and even clan rivalries make the Hatfields and McCoy died see simple. I would submit that 99% of military officers are not sufficiently educated and experienced in Afghanisms to succeed in combat in Afghanistan. Throw in foreign fighters for another level of difficulty and interference from Pakistan and possibly other nations for yet another level of difficulty. No win.

For a variety of reasons, the Outpost, FOB Camp Kealty, was placed in an indefensible location. When it was eventually overrun, two Medals of Honor were awarded to soldiers who refused to give up and took back the camp. I credible story, well worth the read.

Netflix has made a decent movie called, you guessed it, "The Outpost". In their medal of honor documentaries, they also reenact the scenarios that resulted in the awarding of the two MOH.