Originally Posted by renegade50
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Originally Posted by renegade50
I could get about 1500 rds outta a maintained 60 firing sustained 100 a min for 10 mins with a barrel change before one would start chugging.

Kinda can guess what chugging is.
What causes it, and what's fixing to go wrong?

Gas system isuue mostly.
Carbon, bullet jacket shavings , heat, loose gas plugs
Slow down rate of fire.
Wpn fixing to puke on ya unless you can pull the piston.
Clean it up
Punch out gas tube with the brush.
And get that piston moving freely to hear it click back and forth in the tube tilting it back and forth with the bolt assembly locked back.

Worst thing to do is oil a 60 gas system heavy.
Very very light finger print of oil at the most.
They gave us graphite during desert storm.
Mostly for the bolt and feed tray and feed pawl system
Worthless.....

Light clp up top .
Dryish in the gas...

You could not impress this more back when. Some of you may recall being taught to lube the [bleep] out of things. Way bad idea! We broke down our gas system every cleaning , to the dismay of the armorer and PLT SGT wishing to get home to mama! We did a ton of experimenting with lubes back then. Very light oiling keeps the guns functioning and I always carried spare bolt parts with me, extractors and ejectors w/new springs, etc. We modified some old army kit bags and had them sewn up with thick parachute webbing as slings. Hung them off my left side w/300 rounds s-rolled in it. Kept the ammo clean and out of the way. I kept another 500 in my ruck ,scenario dependency varied amount. It was brutal on the shoulders!