Originally Posted by rockinbbar
[quote=hasbeen1945]Forgot to mention call of the wild record player. Hasbeen [/quote

But, in reality, having an electronic caller won't make a good predator hunter out of someone. In fact, it has damaged a lot of good calling areas, and educated a lot of predators.

If someone doesn't know how to call, setup, and be stealthy, they are probably doing more harm than good. (But you'll never convince them of that.) wink

Very true!

I would say that most of the recipe for a successful stand is selecting the stand.

For example, if you set up with a brushy ravine/creek 100yds downwind of you, you will not see a coyote.

So, if you are a new coyote hunter, grab your call and go to a large, open area where coyotes can't be hunted, and practice your techniques there. Note the lay of the land and wind direction, and watch how coyotes approach. You will learn a lot about how coyotes approach the call.

But, back to the original question. Most any of the e-callers will work well. The problem is, on a heavily hunted property, the popular e-calls have been heard by the surviving resident coyotes, and they may not come to that caller again, after they survive getting shot at.

Using your dog as an example, you have been feeding this dog for 5 years. One day, when you call it to you, you give it a swift kick for no reason. Chances are very good that dog will respond to your voice again. If I did that to your dog the first time he heard my voice, do you think he would give me a second chance to kick him?