I have (3) Winchester 92s in 25-20, made in 1900, 1907, and 1910.

One with a Winchester made replacement barrel sold to gunsmiths... too much headspace
One with a Winchester made replacement barrel sold to gunsmiths... too little headspace
One with an original Winchester made barrel with just the right headspace... but eroded breech face

I had to take apart the gun and clean a pound of dirt out of it.
I had to make a low pressure load so the primer would not pop in the bad breech face.
I had to use a magnum primer to get a thicker primer cup.
I had to find a bullet short enough that would stabilize in the slow twist barrel.
I had to figure out how to neck down 32-20 brass without crushing.
I had to make a non invasive clamp on pistol scope mount.

[Linked Image]

2013:

12 gr Lil'Gun 75 gr Sierra hollow point .257 bullets #1600, 1.9" OAL [barely touching the lands] must be loaded single shot into the 1900 vintage Winchester 1892 rifle with 2X Leupold pistol scope. At 12.3 gr it looks like the old black powder firing pin and enlarged firing pin hole are about to bust the CCI 450 small rifle magnum primer bubble, so I backed off 0.3 gr and loaded some. I would like to run it at 40 kpsi, but bushing the firing pin would be work.

[Linked Image]

25-20 at 100 yards

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps