When I was in high school, in tenth grade I was taking Geometry. Had a good looking young blonde teacher named Miss Rossiter. She was a good teacher.
She was our teacher for Fall Quarter. We took two weeks off for Christmas, and when we went back to school on January 3, Miss Rossiter was gone! Had some new guy for a teacher.
Turned out, there in Fall Quarter Miss Rossiter had been "dating" a senior football player named Doug Waters. I was in the locker room all that fall with Doug, I mean I was a 14 year old kid, 5-8 and 135 pounds, this guy looked like somebody on the Atlanta Falcons he was 6-4 and 235, had a big five oclock shadow and he looked like he was 22 years old. Miss Rossiter was 21 years old. I think Doug, in hindsight, might have been actually older than the teacher, our football coach was known to cheat a little bit at times.

At any rate, the story was that a few days before Christmas, the Principal and Vice Principal called Miss Rossiter into the office, and told her they knew what was going on, and advised her that her best bet was to resign and leave the state. And, she did.

I don't think Doug married her.