Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by PintsofCraft
Buddies & I were talking semi-serious hypotheticals and tasked ourselves to pick between these two rifles specifically and give our reasons. It was fun so I thought I’d ask you all.

A post 64 Winchester 70 CRF Featherweight vs the Tikka T3x. In your response, include the rifle, cartridge of choice & your rationale & load if you have one to share.

No factory ammo will be used. Assume the hunter already has a .223 and a 375 H&H

Purpose: Hogs, Deer & Elk
Max Range: 500yd
Average Range: 125-250yd
Glass: Burris FF II 3-9 w/ BDC
Shooting skill: Intermediate
Handload: Yes
Factory load: No

*This is a what happens when several friends drag the Leadcore & Spoons around Lake Champlain for 10 hours. Apologies in advance.

Pints

Man, either would work just fine. Its really a toss up to me if we are talking Classic stainless vs. something like the Tikka T3x stainless lite model. For me, it would be like this:

30-06 Stainless classic with walnut stock:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
Scope even meets the op's requirement^^^

Tikka T3 stainless lite 308win:

Both newer rifles to me: Bought within the last 2 months. Each one will get some field time this year... For loads, I'm thinking I'd run the 165 TSX in the 308 and a 165-168 TTSX/TSX in the 30-06 or a good ol 180 or 200gr partition. Whatever I felt like using at the moment. I need to add, if it came down to a Portuguese model 70 and a Tikka, I'd pick the Tikka..

You are such a WHORE! LMAO. Hell the 30/06 FW is the best picture you have of one single rifle . Posting your excessive number of personal pics of targets and rifles is quite well known here in these parts. LMAO Oh Carry On!

FUGK CCP

It’s time to WAKE UP
GOD BLESS THE USA
WWG1WGA
THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES