Originally Posted by Irving_D
Well after 10 yrs or so on the campfire it appears I touched a nerve with a few members on here regarding a post in the meme thread. A post that was shared in the Amputee support group that I am a member of since my amputations. I will be the first to admit the meme broke my heart and it made me laugh at the same time as I'm sure a lot of people who saw it did. I'm not apologizing for the post, being able to find humor during the lowest part of my life has been what kept me going as well as many of my friends in the amp community. I appreciate all the advice, support, and the wealth of knowledge that can be gleaned from this forum.
In the future I will try to be a little more considerate

To those that are pming me praying that karma catches up with me this is me flicking you [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Understand. Those who don't deal with death and chaos, violence in their line of work or experienced it in the personal life dont have a dark sense of humor. You see this often in first responders, healthcare, military etc The dark sense of humor help you process crazy, violent, obscene schit every day. When a good buddy was dying of liver cancer and I visited him in the hospital it was a joke I didn't want cancer germs from him so I wouldn't shake his hand but could hug him. Kind of helped us and gave him a respite. I had to walk through a children's cancer ward to see him. He said that always made him sad, not his terminal cancer.

Normal human coping mechanism . All about perspective

Be well you experienced some really serious schit. Keep posting

Last edited by ribka; 05/06/21.