I have the same rifle that is really getting down on barrel life. I wished I would have paid a little more attention to not shooting it unless I was going to kill something. They were skim bedded from the custom shop and mine is in the 16 oz McMillan Kevlar stock that had a void in the rear action screw. I pillar bedded it and problem solved. I started out with 154 hornady interbonds. And 95 grs of Retumbo with a 215 M and velocity was 3510. The rifle was a three shot .550 gun until I needed more bullets and got a batch of interbonds that wouldn’t shoot and it turned out to be a QC problem with the bullets weighing over 3 grs difference from lightest to heaviest. I tried 160 nosier accubonds with terrible pressure problems and by the time I had got the pressure under control I was under 3000 FPS and shot in the high .3s (a friend had the same problem with a Christensen arms 7mm rum as well). I tried the 168 VLD at 93 grs of retumbo and a WLRM and never looked back. I’ve got the 4.5 x14x44 Ziess conquest on mine and have been very happy with it. If I was going to do it now I would put the Ziess 4x16x 44 with the 30 mm tube on it with a dial.

Last edited by Nestucca; 05/07/21. Reason: Add content