Originally Posted by 84Mtn_EER
RevMike, I too have a model 70 Featherweight in the classic 7x57. I've developed several loads for it so far, but to date my favorite is a Nosler 120gr Ballistic Tip over 45grs of Varget.

I shot some test loads with the 120gr TTSX and H414. I only shot 16 of them so I didn't develop it any further. It was capable of around an inch.

This spring I bought a hundred of the Barnes TTSX 110gr flatbase and I tested both Reloader 17 and BigGame powder with that bullet. The RL-17 produced a 4shot group just under an inch and the BigGame wasn't as tight coming in around 1.25. The RL-17 netted an avg velocity of 2896 so I figure it'll do the job.

Thanks. I have been wanting to try some of the 110 - 120 (T)TSXs on pigs. I'm expecting at the ranges I hunt - generally less than 100 yards - they'll work fine. Much appreciated.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown