Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Cabs are for puzzies...

And its more shidt to break.

Can't see or hear everything,

And it's like 5k off the price smile

If I were dragging a plow or seed drill for miles at a time it'd be a different story.

You can't hear anything on most tractors anyway, I'm always doubled up with earplugs and muffs on mine. If you're not wearing hearing protection it means you're already deaf from running one too long without any so you can't hear anyway. As for the not seeing anything from a cab, that's different than my experience. If anything you can see better because you're not always worried about getting hit in the face with limbs.

My tractor is a 72 hp massey without a cab. I occasionally run friends tractors with cabs. Is the cab nicer? Oh yeah, in every way. I've got an extra $5000 in my pocket that they don't because mine doesn't have a cab, that was a big deal when I bought mine 13 years ago. Today with a little bit better income you can bet anything I bought would have a cab. Bottom line, the only reason not to have one is to be cheap, the other reasons are BS to justify being cheap. Cheap isn't necessarily bad, I'm pretty cheap myself. My dad was cheap, in 1977 when we moved to Mississippi I remember he specifically ordered a car without air conditioning because every car on the lot had it and he didn't want to pay for it. There's a reason all the cars sold in Mississippi had air conditioning. My mom and I were high fiving each other when he totaled that car a couple of years later. The moral of the story is that any appreciable amount of time spent on a tractor is much more pleasant with a cab.

Deere green paint is definitely expensive, I'll disagree about Kubota orange. Kubota's around me aren't any more than the lesser known brands, they're well built tractors plus there's a dealer in every town. Kubota outsells everything else about 10-1 in my area.