Originally Posted by Mbogo2106
Ok so here goes for a first post,

I echo everything 30338 has to say about the best dogs in the field. But I’m admittedly biased. I have the full brother to his younger dog but you’d never know it by looking at them. If you don’t like the “wookie” look, have no fear they come with what’s called a “tight” coat as well. Similar to a GSP but much more dense. When I first got my Draht I was a little worried about his toughness in cold weather and cold water hunting waterfowl. That was soon put to rest when I couldn’t keep him out of the river at minus ten.

I have had numerous dogs throughout the years ranging from shorthairs, springers, labs and setters but I don’t think I’ll ever have another breed from here on out. My dog has been a hoot to be around and he has as much personality as anything else I’ve had. He is a really hard worker in the field and hangs out calm as can be at home. He’s never hinted at any kind of aggression toward another human. He loves my girls the best as they spoil him I think. He’s hunted pretty much everything Idaho can throw at a dog and he’s really taken a liking to fetching rock chucks. If you want a dog that can do it all I think you’re on the right track. I would also encourage going through the testing process as I feel it enhances the breed as a whole. We just finished up the VJP test a few weeks ago and are currently trying to get ready for the Armbruster.

One last thought, I think they’re the best looking dog around especially compared to a Brittany 😜. If I can figure out the picture thing I’ll post some up.

The rest of this litter looks like this guy, not my hairy beast lol. Great coats for a variety of upland and waterfowl. Here is Mbogo2106's pup.
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]
And this is a pic of yet another full brother from VJP test day. Very tight coat, and some decent head fuzz too.
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]