Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by bowmanh
I'm not against Covid vaccines and got the Moderna version with no issues. I have a graduate degree in biology and think that for most people over 60, it makes sense to get vaccinated. However, the study that Doc refers to was done by the Center for Countering Digital Hate, which is clearly a left wing group, so I would be skeptical of the articles they publish. I will say that there are many media campaigns that are run by a very small group of people running bots. So it's not unlikely that something like what is described in the article could occur, but I would want to see more evidence before accepting the conclusions they draw.

If I were a website with "science" in my name, and my article was about disinformation, I'd give specific examples of the disinformation and provide cites for why it is wrong. That was conspicuously absent from the article.

You must have read a different article. "That figure is based on an analysis of over 812,000 posts extracted from Facebook and Twitter between 1 February and 16 March 2021" The article is a data reduction. Specific examples would dilute the intent of the argument.