There are tests and services that will help you understand you...and what types of jobs you might like and what your personality will thrive on and tolerate. Try enough that you are satisfied with results.

Network. I’m sure there is a number, but many jobs are filled by networking. I know one young fella who went to work doing software - his network? He played on-line games with his now supervisor. BS with everyone you meet! Get on LinkedIn. Shoot me a PM. I’m not extremely active there, but it helps.

I’m a big fan of trades and/or technical jobs. Be good at it, you’ll never be unemployed. You’ll work by the hour, get overtime, etc. I work salary and feel like I get dicked every day. There are a number of paths within each trade. Electrical? Residential, larger scale, etc. you would be surprised how many technical jobs are out there that you’ve never heard of. I am a Hardware Project Manager for a Medical Systems company. I interface with cancer centers and hospitals, trades, general contractors, etc. lastly, it’s one of the greatest areas to branch out into your own business. You would not believe what some of the small concrete companies make - even the ones whose wife has to do their math!

My 2 cents. I’m 60 and looking backwards.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~