Originally Posted by gunner500
70gr good old H-4831 under any 200 grain or 220 grain bullet, it's Gold, i've learned once you reach a certain level [2700-2900 fps] it doesn't matter provided accuracy is there.

Thats's great advice. I'd go one step further and say that my 30-06 load runs 2600fps with the excellent 200gr partition, so if one were so inclined to down load their H&H to 30-06 levels and it was accurate, it would still be a killing sob. I bought a 300H&H die set a year ago, still looking for the right rifle to come along. Eventually it will happen and keep my WBY, WSM, WM and 308 Norma magnum great company. It will likely be a pre 64 model 70.

Originally Posted by NYNY
Always love winning "whose faster" bets against guys with 22" 30 cal magnums with my ancient 721 300 H&H.

Who gives a chit about how fast its running and who t f uses a 22" 300 magnum? Shaking head here.. Accuracy is key dude. When you are using a good bullet, like the one I mention above, you can drop way down on velocity and it still hits like a sledge hammer. BTDT...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA