Originally Posted by Boarmaster123
No but I bucked a azz load of hay and pitched a lot of manure. They make hay a lot different now than back then.

There was no cotton or tobacco where I grew up. But we had corn.
My dad grew up without a corn picker so he had to pick corn by hand. But, about everybody did it that way until after WWII. When we came along and moved to a farm in 1962 we had to hand pick corn from the stocks in the field. We put the ears in a wagon and would run them through the hammer mill or feed the cows and pigs whole corn. The neighbors had a corn picker so dad contracted with them to pick it and we put it in a corn crib. We would fill the wagon from the corn crib and run it through a hammer mill for the cows feed.

I came home from the Army in 1976 and the corn crib, barn, hammer mill and the feed shed were all gone. Dad was going to put up a big loafing shed and buy milled corn from the feed and grain and feed it out in a cattle lot and run the cows in the pasture when it wasn't too dry or too cold. Unfortunately he passed from a heart attack in 1978 and never got the chance.

kwg

Last edited by kwg020; 05/25/21.

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.