gunner, get one from the CMP. They may not be in stock right now, but they were about $800.00 a while back. I know some guys that have bought them and they shoot just fine. I also know some uppity guys from Vancouver and Portland (Attorney's and other big wigs) that have bought some damn nice CMP rifles that they had worked over: Precision barrels, fine tuned triggers and accurized. Those rifles are said to have costed in excess of $3,000.00. We will be having a military rifle shoot this Saturday and I hope they show up again. A couple of those Attorneys like to brag about how well their garands shoot. In practice I've seen them lay down some sub moa 5 shot groups with irons. They would be damn good, if they could do that and put them in the right place (X-ring or even 10 ring) in the event. The funny thing is watching a braggart lawyer fall apart when its time to show what they are made of, when its their turn on the line. I look forward to next Saturday grin .Incase you hadn't noticed. The only other rifle I am thinking of, that is chambered in 30-06, is an all original m1917. Other than that, what else is there for burning up your ammo? Side note, I shot a garand for the fist time last year at one of our military rifle shoots. I've been a big admirer of them for a long time, as that is what my grandfather qualified with in WWII. To be honest, I didn't like it as much as I thought I would. Then I shot an m1A 308 Springfield Armory a few months ago and I really liked that rifle. Go figure???

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA