Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by gunner500
Lawsy, well the 168 gr BTHP's went 2640 fps av on chrono, i guess that's M1 Garand safe? the cool old Warhorse has no recoil, what a Cadillac Beast it is, hope i didn't under load it, that said, and loading everything balls to the wall fast, i certainly would NOT want to catch one of those rounds, i can see the effectiveness as staying on the sight for fast followup shots is cake, what a cool rifle.

My 89 year old stepdad was a medic in the Korean war, i'm going to bring the rifle over for him to see, he may go back 69 years right before my eyes, i'll also have some ammo and head phones, i'd be thrilled beyond belief if he asks to fire it. cool

That would be cool gunner.

It damn ure was cool Buddy BSA, and it happened today, [Twice] at the same time,my Mom has a 78 year old cousin, she's a widow, today at Moms house she married the latest member to our extended family, an 80 year old cat named Ronnie that's a widower, he was an Army Ranger in 'nam, stepdad being a medic in Korea, i went to the wedding, after the service i went to the truck with them both pulled the Garand and four loaded clips out, my stepdad's eyes watered up, he knew instantly what that was, i handed it to him, with watered eyes he shouldered the rifle, then said damn, these things werent this heave 70 years ago! grin

He also said, i didnt think i'd ever see a US rifle caliber 30 model M1 again, the old Army Ranger knew what it was too, i brought along a bottle of scotch, us three had a hard swig as we passed the bottle, shook each others hand then went back inside with the chickens and had lunch! a damn cool day my Friend.

That is very cool man. You'll cherish that memory, for sure...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA