As an individual that's about 14 months out from leaving the workforce, I too was in the market for a Travel Trailer. My plan has been, and still is, to spend as much time Off Grid in the Mountains away from people as possible. Just my Dog and I......

Of course, that meant I needed a Toy Hauler design of some sort so that I could take my ATV, and had my family keep their eyes open for me as well. I was getting down to pulling the trigger on a Work and Play model, by Forest River, but the new ones are not built on the same Cargo Trailer base as they used to be, which is what caught my attention in the first place. Tough, rugged exterior, meant to handle the Outdoors. I have used a standard 6'x12' Cargo Trailer for years as a rustic camping trailer in the Mountains while Elk, Mule Deer and Antelope hunting.

My brother found a Toy Hauler for me in a state about 600 miles away, but it appeared to be in good shape, and the owners didn't use it much. It was a 2017 Coachmen Catalina 26TH that they only used 10 times at a local state park. They never even used the Stove, Oven or Furnace! Still smelled new inside, and best part was the price was half that of a new model. Should be just fine for carrying my ATV, and enough supplies for my excursions into the backwoods and byways of America.

I guess the point of my story is that there ARE some good deals out there.....if you take the time to search, and are willing to expand your search area. Additionaly, encourage friends and Family to help with your search and it increases your chances of finding such a deal as well.

Good Luck!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~