Just taking a cue from the gunwriters forum.

I'll start with one, my 1979 Volkswagen Rabbit.

My friend and I had gone shooting out in the Florida boonies after several days of heavy rains. As we were driving out of the area we had to cross a huge puddle covering the entire dirt road, probably 50 feet wide. There was thick underbrush on either side so we couldn't just go around it. No big deal, how deep could it be - maybe one or two feet at most, right?

We hadn't gotten 10 feet into it when the entire front end went under water and a huge bow wave washed completely over the roof. I kept it gunned and we went the rest of the way with the water right up to the windows, came out the other side and it was still running. My license plate for that vehicle was VUU-235 (V double U which was a kick anyway) so from then on the car was known as the U-235.

A minute after that a big Ford 4WD pickup came by, raised suspension and all. He went across slowly and got stuck halfway, all four big studded tires just spinning uselessly. We offered to help but he called someone on his CB so we drove home without further event.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!