Originally Posted by Higginez
Originally Posted by Jordan Smith
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
Originally Posted by Higginez
Originally Posted by dogcatcher223
That anemic 140 won't catch a 123's velocity until beyond 1200 yards...

I've run the numbers, as I've tried it all in several 6.5's. That little creed case struggles with heavy bullets. A 140 is better in a case with more ass behind it like a 6.5-284 and larger.

Of course people love to exaggerate creed speeds with a 140 on the internet. 🙄

A 140 ELD at factory speeds will catch up with a 123 just past 350.

But everybody exaggerates Creed speeds on the internet....

Lol! Nope. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I just ran the numbers and I own and shoot a Creed, and have tried various bullets...Take the Scenar for example:

A 123gr Scenar with a BC of .547 is traveling 1499 fps at 1200 yards, with a muzzle velocity of 2850.

A 139gr Scenar with a BC of .578 is traveling 1425 fps at 1200 yards with a muzzle velocity of 2650.

The 139 does not catch the 123 until after 1200 yards...

Keep guessing though...

A couple of things:

Litz published BC values for the 123 and 139 Scenars that are equivalent to G1 numbers of 0.532 and 0.572, respectively.

It’s meaningless to talk about distance where two different bullets have equivalent speed without specifying air density.

Finally, who cares when the 139 overtakes the 123 in velocity? What difference does it make? If you’re talking about minimum expansion velocity thresholds, that’s one thing. As far as trajectory goes, you’re ranging and dialling with either one beyond a couple hundred yards, so the minor trajectory difference is inconsequential. A more meaningful comparison would be where each falls below minimum expansion velocity, and how much each drifts in the wind, as hedging bets in the wind tends to be far more important than speed/flat trajectory out past a few hundred yards (where this discussion matters in the first place).

Whoa there Jordan!

Can't a couple dummies argue ballistics on the internet anymore without some bully using logic, reason and shame?

smile

LOL

Carry on.