Question...

I live in a semi rural area .... foothills in Colorado.... lot sizes 10 acres to 80 acres or so.... HOA is hunting friendly and every year several elk and deer are taken by various homeowners. A number of us shoot coyotes when the situation presents.

But, I have neighbors 200 - 300 yards away that I would rather not disturb when a coyote bites the dust. Some go down at night.

Have used a 22 mag and a suppressed 22lr on a couple of coyotes....both short shots and bang flops...... ok, but the 22 mag is louder than I would prefer, even when suppressed ... and a subsonic 22lr just isn’t right.

I am looking for “quiet” and 60 - 120 yards shots.

I also find that the 5.56 I have is not “quiet” when suppressed. Have not yet tried subsonic 5.56.... don’t know if I could even find that.

Seems I need subsonic to be truly quiet, but I need to drop them on the spot so they don’t run off and die in my neighbor’s yard.

So..... I have concluded that the right combo for quiet 60 - 120 yard coyotes is a suppressed 300 Blackout.

Correct? ...... Alternatives?

Thanks,

Last edited by TF49; 06/01/21.

The tax collector said: “Lord Jesus, have mercy on me, a sinner.” Jesus said he went home “justified.”